Content is everything.
Some people will even tell you that it's the most important thing you can produce for your business.
But if you spend more than a few minutes online, you'll quickly realize that not all content is equal.
For example, a 40-year-old man practicing the latest dance on Tik-Tok, a detailed guide to Google Analytics, and a poorly written pitch for a guest post are all (technically) content. But there's only one piece that we'd be interested in publishing here.
At DDU, it's not all about producing any content… it's about producing great content, and producing great content is precisely what we're going to do in 2022.
That's where you come in.
We're looking for excellent writers to explain complicated digital marketing and analytics topics entertainingly and educationally.
Don't worry, you won't need to know the latest Tik Tok dance – but if you're an expert in marketing a new business on Tik Tok, then we want to hear from you.
Here are some of the types of experts we'd like to work with:
- Direct-response copywriters looking to create compelling email copy and high converting landing pages
- Advanced writers who can explain the Google marketing suite of tools, especially Google Ads, Analytics, Tag Manager, and Data Studio
- Experienced PPC managers that can write with authority on any of the major platforms or any of the minor ones too
In short, if you can write at an advanced level about digital marketing and data analytics, then we want to work with you.
We will not ask to see your latest campaigns or demand to know how much you managed in ad spend last month.
Instead, we're going to let your writing speak for you.
We'd love to work with you even if you don't have an extensive resume of hands-on experience, as long as you can explain the topics clearly!
What's It Like Writing For DDU?
So what can you expect when you work with Data Driven U? Let's cover the basics:
- Write Within Your Area Of Expertise… Or Develop New Ones – We're looking for talented individuals with existing knowledge about a specific area of expertise. So you'll start by writing about that specific subject area. That said, if you're interested in developing your skillset and writing about new topics, we're game. That means the ideal candidates are authoritative today and avid learners who can quickly develop expertise in related fields.
- Work On Your Schedule – There's no clocking in or tracking time. Instead, we'll pay you for the content you create, and you can produce it on an agreed-upon schedule.
- Side Hustler Friendly – We're looking for digital marketing and analytics experts that can write. That means writing might not be your main gig or your primary career goal… and that's totally okay with us. You can write ten articles a month or just one. We're flexible like that.
- Content Isn't Just in Written Form – Many of the subjects we cover require some form of visualization. Whether that's a carefully selected GIF to add some levity or a screenshot that makes understanding the material easier, writers should be ready to insert the perfect media to level up their content.
- Competitive Pay – You're an expert, and you will be paid for your expertise.
- Join A Team – I know you might think of yourself as a bit of a lone wolf. But there are still a lot of benefits to joining a team, and even if you only write 1 article a month for us, we'll still consider you a part of the DDU team.
Are you interested in writing for us and honing your expertise?
Great! So how can you make this happen?
Here are the steps:
Step 1: Fill Out The Form Below (Deadline is February 11th, 2022)
Complete the form below, and we'll notify you immediately if you make it to the next step in our process with a passing score.
This form should take 5-10 minutes to fill out. Make sure to use your preferred email address so that we can reach out to you when the application process is complete.
Step 2: The Test (Only For Those That Pass Step 1)
If you seem like a good fit, you'll move on to step two, where you'll be asked to complete a writing assignment.
But don't worry, this test wasn't designed to stress you out with a winner-take-all battle royale. We plan on working with many of you throughout 2022.
Step 3: You're In
If you do well with step two, we'll reach out to offer you a few assignments to choose from. Then, you'll work closely with our content manager to perfect your style and make sure it aligns with the DDU approach.
Assuming things continue to go well, we'll keep sending you more work and giving you more responsibility and mentorship.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Get Author Credit for blog posts?
Yes! We're looking for experts that want to flex their knowledge and develop their authority, so you should expect to be credited for your work.
How Much Will I Get Paid?
We pay writers at competitive rates and will work with each writer individually to develop a system that works for both of us.